No products in the basket.
$7.95 'entire order' delivery | Free Gift Over $75 | Fast, same day dispatch | Free 365 day returns
Job Vacancies at LatestBuy
That’s right – believe it or not, we can’t cope with the fun we’re having. Whether you’ve heard about us on the TV, in a magazine, newspaper or just stumbled on our website, you’ll soon discover that we pride ourselves on world-beating products, top-notch customer service and a second-to-none website experience.
LatestBuy is growing at a rate of knots sourcing, marketing and retailing the most interesting, funky and sometimes weird products the world has to offer. Our core business is online retail (e-tail), supported by mail-order, corporate and trade sales. In future, as part of the gadget/gift/promotional products industry, we plan to go where no other e-tailer has gone before, but you already knew that.
To help with our rapid growth, we’re putting out a call to all the “young kid at heart” type personalities out there. If you want a piece of the action, you’d be interested in knowing we look for people who:
- seek challenges and think ‘outside the box’,
- possess creativity and intelligence,
- love having fun, but still take their work seriously,
- shrug off pressure working to deadlines; and
- have gadget/gift e-tail expertise gained locally and/or abroad.
If we do get you on board, you’ll be part of an owner-operated team, that’s always striving to work smarter (not necessarily harder), in an industry that’s fast moving and still very much in its infancy of growth and development.
Currently, we’re recruiting people to support us in the following key roles:
Accounts, Warehouse & Purchasing Coordinator
If you’re the Accounts, Warehouse & Purchasing Coordinator we’re looking for…
You’ll be a positive, upbeat person who takes ownership and responsibility for what you do. You’ll be driven, self-motivated, successful, highly organised and wanting to be rewarded well for the work you do.
Being a self-starter and taking initiative to get the right outcome is how you like to operate because you know this is the path to long term success both in life and in your career. You don’t mind going the extra mile to meet your commitments, while all the time embracing technology and looking for smarter ways to work.
You’re diligent, confident, team orientated, ready to learn and above all, committed to only accepting the best performance from yourself. You love challenges and equally, know how to enjoy a balanced lifestyle.
Finally, in this role you’ll be inspired, passionate and push yourself to achieve more than you ever thought possible.
Some of the skills you must possess are:
– ability to relate to people from all walks of life;
– exceptional written and verbal communication;
– ability to work autonomously and cope well under pressure;
– excellent awareness of general computer use and applications;
– attention to detail and thoroughness;
– ability to think laterally and problem solve individually or with a team;
– maintaining a clean, safe and organised work environment; and
– flexibility with respect to job responsibilities.
You may also possess (if not, you’ll be trained on the job):
– basic book-keeping skills;
– stock control experience;
– warehouse pick and pack experience;
– customer service and/or retail industry experience; and
– purchasing/procurement skills.
Who are we…? LatestBuy.com.au is an innovative online retailer of hundreds of the latest products from homewares to hi-tech gadgets, through to novelties and highly practical gifts. We’ve been recognised as one of Australia’s fastest growing companies and now also wholesale products to niche gift stores and other resellers. We continually strive to make gift buying easy!
We are located in the Bassendean/Bayswater area (North of the River) with public transport in close proximity (both bus and rail). Car parking is also available on site and working hours are generally 8am-5pm, Mon-Fri.
All enquiries will be received in the strictest of confidence.
Customer Service / Website Content Administrator
From functional homewares to hi-tech gadgets, through to downright silly yet highly addictive novelties, LatestBuy globe-trots around the world for the latest and greatest products. With our online retail operations in Australia and the USA and our wholesale division Trendtastic, LatestBuy has been surprising customers with their gifts since 2003.
Having been featured many times on TV and in countless print publications, LatestBuy.com.au consistently ranks in the Top 10 of all Australian gift websites (by visits). Recently, LatestBuy was recognised in BRW’s list of 100 fastest growing businesses.
LatestBuy is now seeking a full time Customer Service / Website Content Administrator for its busy office, warehouse and retail showroom in Perth, WA. Be a part of our small, but highly dynamic team working to:
- diplomatically handle challenging customers,
- consistently represent and help improve the LatestBuy brand,
- continuously improve product knowledge so as to respond to enquiries in an accurate and timely manner,
- maintain and develop relationships with key channel partners and media contacts,
- edit and publish website copy,
- photograph products and prepare images / video for website / promotional use; and
- contribute to both online and offline marketing initiatives such as email campaigns, social media promotions and catalogues / flyers.
- well developed communication and interpersonal skills – written and verbal (experience in the retail / gift industry highly regarded),
- proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Adobe Creative Suite / graphic design experience highly regarded),
- skilled in web browsing, email and general PC use (understanding of html/css highly regarded),
- capable of working autonomously and being flexible with respect to job responsibilities; and
- ability to think laterally and cope well under pressure.
LatestBuy’s offices are spacious and modern. Car parking is available on site and public transport is in close proximity. Working hours are flexible from 8am – 5pm daily.
Corporate/Trade Sales Representative
Do you have an established gift retailer or corporate client base ready to do away with the standard (often boring) gifts already in over supply? Are you able to translate promotional and incentive needs into appealing product and branding solutions?
If you reckon you can handle all this to grow and support our dedicated wholesale division, then please fill us in on what you’ve been doing.
Affiliate Marketing Agent
Are you able to demonstrate results in driving the highest quality (i.e. targeted) traffic to a gadget/gift website through pro-active affiliate partners and pay per click (PPC) advertising campaigns? Great, ‘cos we’re after just this type of person.
Advertising Copy Writer
You’ve read the way we describe our products through our website, with a factual, yet entertaining command of the English language – reckon you can do better at appealing to our target audience? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Web Graphic Artist
Are you a master of the Adobe (or similar) suite of applications? Do your talents extend from photographic editing to designing creative and entertaining banners and thumbnails for a web-based audience? Yes, yep…oh good, we’d love to see your credentials.
Product Sourcing Executive
As you know, we don’t just throw everything and anything on to our website. Products must not only be of exceptional quality and great value, but also have an interesting twist and generally hard to find in Australia (even better if they’ve yet to truly hit the global scene).
If you’re a bit of a gadget geek come shopaholic, with contacts in the trade supply and manufacturing gift markets of Australia, Europe, North America and/or Asia, you may have very well found your calling – we can’t wait to hear from you.
If the above doesn’t sound like you, fear not. If you’ve got other talents and a background you think we’d be interested in, then we’d still be happy to hear from you. We might not even know we need you, so go ahead, sell yourself.
Please your CV and a covering letter highlighting the skills and experience you think would impress us. If you do manage to impress us, contractual and remuneration details will be negotiated in accordance with your qualifications. Applications including a link to an online portfolio (or links to operational websites that you’ve been involved with) are highly regarded.*
Think you might be interested, but still not sure? Don’t hesitate to your questions.
*Please ensure all e-mail file attachments are either Microsoft Word (*.doc) or Adobe PDF (*.pdf) in format. If this isn’t possible or e-mail’s not your thing, then please post your correspondence to: Recruitment, LatestBuy, PO Box 8384, Perth Business Centre, PERTH WA 6000. Where applicable, please help us by stating very clearly which position you’re interested in. We endeavour to reply to all recruitment related enquiries / applications (preferably by e-mail), but please allow us up to one week to respond.